Friday, July 18, 2014

C....

What does "C" mean to you?

Cancer, if you're concerned?
Your grades, if you're a student?
The time signature, if you're a musician?
Or..."death!", if you're Hokkien (choy, touch wood!!!)

Well, this post serves up the 3 Cs I Choose to focus for the day, and perhaps, for life: Control, non-Conformity, Cherish.

Control 

Some of us may identify ourselves as control freaks. Have you experienced, sometimes things go much smoother if you allow things to happen, instead of making them happen? How ironic, isn't it? The attempt of controlling things, actually feels less in control.

Often, we spend a good amount of energy planning, predicting and preventing things that we can't possibly plan, predict and prevent. We worry about the future, while clinging on to the past. Such desire for more autonomy in our lives, stems from #1. fear- we try to gain control, due to what we think would happen if we don't, and #2. attachment to a specific outcome-  an outcome we're sure is best for us, as if we always know what's best .  

So does all these means total surrender? 
No, we still regain some autonomy. Like driving, it is all about choosing when to accelerate and release. We can control our thoughts, what and who we choose to believe.
We can control how we respond and react, even  if things don't go our way.
We can control how we would like things to happen, but not how it will happen.

As we muscle through the currents in life, try considering if letting go would allow you more freedom. Try allowing the feeling of freedom guide our way.
Personally, when I choose to go in surrender mode, I find peace and clarity.Yet, I feel not a forceful, but focused energy accompanying the intention I want.
I am still a work in progress, but I shall allow it to become a habit, instead of making it one.

Breakfast: Creamy Choco Chianana Oatmeal

"If there is nothing you can do, do nothing."

"If there is something you can do, give it all you've got."


non-Conformity

"Not everyone born free and equal, as the Constitution says, but everyone made equal.  Each man the image of every other; then all are happy, for there are no mountains to make them cower, to judge themselves against." 
-Captain Beatty, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

If you have confidence in your own worth, you'll be better able to follow opinions that are your own and not society's. Be who you are. While staying true to our beliefs, work on growing ourselves into what we would like to be, not what we are expected to be. 
Real beauty does not lie in perfection, but in accepting and embracing imperfection
Water the flowers in your garden, but not the weeds. 
It is fine to be the Ugly Duckling, for the day shall come when we join the other swans. 

Lunch: Cheeky Cour-cado Pasta *

*(no pic)


"Ugly duckling": Spot the odd one?


Cherish


"I sometimes think drivers don't know what grass is, or flowers, because they never see them slowly...White blurs are houses. Brown blurs are cows." 
"Have you ever heard of rubbing dandelions under your chin? If it rubs off that means you're in love." 
"Old leaves smell like cinnamon."
-Clarisse McClellan, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

"Cherish" crossed my mind later in the day. The weather was lovely today. I decided to walk half of my bus journey home.  I explored a neighbouring community and took home with me a half a jar of self-grinded peanut butter! How I love the smell of lavenders basking under the Sun's radiant energy. 



I am a tea lover. For dinner, my inner voice called, "Chai Chicken?" I gave it a go. I allowed my taste buds freedom, and trusted its choice. There was a "flood" of chai and turmeric, but with careful manoeuvre, wa-lah...we got what we wanted. A sprinkle of smoked paprika to soak into a Friday evening mood. 

As I sink my teeth into each piece of meat, my thoughts savour into the moments I had over the day. Even, the surprising moments of trust I gave my instincts while going through motions of the day, and trying this new idea for dinner. (I wouldn't call it recipe.)

I'm not sure if the meal looks appetising, but I was satisfied.
 Anyway, I can't control what your thoughts and perception, right?

Chai Chicken with touches of Smoked Paprika

Brown Bulgur with Sweet Carrots and my Chai


Aftermath of "flood"


"Before someone's tomorrow has been taken away, cherish those you love, appreciate them today."Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you would live forever. Merit is not something you store up for a future life, it is what you put in your heart now. 


Juliet
**Notice how meal names all start with C today? It was unintentional ;)





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank YOU, you inspired me too! *cue to give yourself a pat on the shoulder* ;)
      I hope to nurture my interests for the benefit of not just myself, but those around me. :)
      You are just as creative too! That's why you are the oatmeal ARTIST!

      Delete